The AAP Local Leadership Lyceum program is intended to help develop leaders within our association and
- The ideal candidate is someone who is already active in the local association and wishes to develop their leadership skills and further their Apartment Association involvement.
- Individuals may nominate themselves or be nominated by other association members. Nominations are open to owners, managers, maintenance, and PSC employees.
- Lyceum applicants must be members in good standing with the AAP.
- Applicants must currently be serving on at least one AAP committee.
- Applications are due by November 1, 2018. Final decisions on class participants to be made by December 1, 2018.
- Class sizes will be limited. Class #1 will be held as an evening reception. Classes #2 through #5 will be held at the Amarillo Association of REALTORS®, 5601 Enterprise Circle, Amarillo, TX, during business hours. Graduation and presentation of Certificate of Completion will be conducted during the Annual Awards and Installation Banquet.
- In order to graduate, you must attend all 5 sessions plus graduation. No Makeup sessions will be offered.
- Class 1 - "Getting to Know You": an overview of the program
- Class 2 - AAP Mission & Strategic Goals, Member/Board of Directors participation. Sources of Revenue. Fiduciary/Legal responsibilities for Board of Directors, budgeting process and Parliamentary Procedures
- Class 3 - Committees & Their Strategic Goals/Plans of Work/Involvement
- Class 4 - Education Programs, Online courses, TAA/NAA/AAP Education Goals
- Class 5 - Legislative Advocacy and the Governmental Process + "Lunch with Legislators & Lobbyists"
- At Annual Awards & Installation Banquet - Presentation of Certificates of Completion
You may also click on this link to download full details and application forms