Finlay Management is an Accredited Management Organization (AMOÂ®), multifamily property Management Company. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Property Management at our property in Amarillo, TX.
The Property Manager is responsible for managing the apartment community for the company with the goal of maximizing operating performance by executing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. The position reports to the Regional Manager.
Duties: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Monitors financial and businesses dealings of the community. Routinely monitors community’s adherence to budget and addresses area of variance. Creates, with management, monthly and annual budgets and occupancy goals
* Works with management in maintaining and adjusting rates, monthly renewal rates, and incentives. Directs and coordinates activities of leasing staff engaged in marketing and leasing of apartment units and community.
* Directs and coordinates community staff involvement in promotional campaigns. Interprets, implements, and oversees adherence to company policies and procedures. Responsible for adherence to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
* Responsible for day-to-day communications with Regional Manager and ensuring all regular reporting is completed on time.
* Reviews and investigates (as needed) resident complaints about malfunctions of utilities or furnished household appliances or goods. Resolves resident complaints concerning other residents or visitors. Promotes positive public relations with apartment community residents.
* Routinely inspects community buildings, grounds and vacated apartments to determine repairs or maintenance required to maintain high quality appearance and product. Creates, with management, long term capital asset plan.
* Directs and coordinates activities of maintenance and/or grounds staff engaged in repairing plumbing or electrical malfunctions, painting apartments or buildings, and performing landscaping or gardening work or arranges for outside personnel to perform maintenance. Directs and coordinates maintenance staff engaged in building code adherence.
* Monitors responsiveness and effectiveness of after-hours and emergency on call coverage and service.
* Monitors agreements for other services such as trash collection, extermination, or carpet cleaning.
* Directs and coordinates activities of housekeeping staff engaged in keeping community’s common areas in clean and orderly condition.
* Directs and coordinates activities of courtesy patrol staff and/or monitors outside firm agreement and performance.
* Reviews and approves all prospective resident applications ad credit reports insuring equitable match to leasing and credit criteria.
* Responsible for ensuring the outstanding resident balances are monitored and collected.
* Responsible for identifying, hiring, and on boarding of new team members.
* Responsible for approving purchases, processing invoices and ensuring expenses within community budget. Also responsible for seeking approval if expenses are outside the approved guidelines.
* All other duties assigned.
* Manages 2 to 5 subordinate supervisors who may supervise a total of 8-25 employees. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. Promotes positive working relationships with and between employees.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organizations policies and applicable laws. Develops and coordinates a motivated community staff team through effective personnel management. Handles all personnel matters for community staff including interviewing hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; seeking as needed and required, counsel and final approval from the corporate Human Resources Department and the Regional Manager.
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
* Three to five years previous experience in property management with one-year supervisory experience.
* College degree preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Manager’s License (SC)
Valid driver’s license and insurance are required with reliable transportation required to operate a licensed motor vehicle in order to perform the job duties.
***Tax credit experience preferred
Please go to our website www.finlaymanagement.com and apply in our careers section. Thanks!